Real Estate Tax Assessment Review and Appeals
- Real estate taxes are often the single largest component of operating expenses for income producing real estate, representing between 20-30% of total annual property operating expenses.
- We have a proven record lowering property real estate tax assessments by 10- 15%/ per year for clients. This reduction translates into higher property NOI, more cash flow, and higher property values.
- Real Estate Tax Accounting has its own set of books. Income and Expense Adjustments are necessary and we know what works and what does not.
- We can achieve these results because we are owners and understand how expensive it is to own and operate income producing real estate.
In order to determine the feasibility of a property tax appeal, all we need is the following:
- Year-end financial statement,
- Property tax assessment with the commercial worksheet, and
- 24 hours to turn it around.
In 2015, we saved $500,000 in real estate taxes across numerous properties. 2016 is looking to be even more successful!
For additional information on the 2015 tax appeals, please click on this link: AP Consulting 2015 Case Studies
For real estate tax assessment and appeal deadlines in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia, please click on this link: Key Dates for Real Estate Tax Deadlines 2017-2018.